- This event has passed.
Whole Human Health
September 6 @ 8:00 am - September 11 @ 5:00 pm
Whole Human Health
Embody your well-being potential! Join us on this four day immersive retreat to learn, explore and experience true health, from a cellular to whole-being level, by connecting to your innate body intelligence/wisdom. Dr. Lawrence Cheng and Dr. Devon Christie expertly guide you through the landscape of Whole Human Health. Together, explore a synthesis of integrative and functional medicine, mind-body medicine, and leading-edge neurobiology, and take home a deep understanding of your personal path to lasting health and happiness.
During the retreat you will:
• Learn how food, exercise, and sleep, as well as how we connect with ourselves and others profoundly affect our biochemistry, health and well-being, and how to balance this by listening to your own body.
• Learn about the latest scientific evidence around prevention and the root causes of illness (functional medicine), the importance of mind-body medicine and how to integrate different modalities of healing (integrative medicine).
• Learn about the latest scientific evidence for optimal health and performance with detailed recommendations for nutrition, vitamins, supplements, exercise, sleep and mind-body practices.
• Explore what factors drive your choices each moment – from socio-cultural ‘norms’ to wounds and traumas from the past and what you can do about it to live and heal in the present.
• Experience a deeper self-connection through daily mindful yoga classes, meditation, holotropic breath-work, sound therapy and nourishing food as a platform for healing and growth.
• Explore radical self-acceptance, recognizing your innate radiant essence that is already whole.
• Create your own personalized optimal health wellness plan.